Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM - (Ardour FamiliySM) are designed to serve as a fair, impartial and transparent measure of the performance of the Alternative Energy Industry. They embody certain characteristics that distinguish them from other indexes that attempt to cover the same industry. Key defining factors include:
- Global. Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM embrace alternative energy companies from around the world and were in fact the first global alternative energy index. As a result, the indexes reflect the different motivations – the environment, security concerns, oil prices, regulation and taxation – that drive the industry forward in different sovereign jurisdictions. The indexes also embrace the differing technologies and research initiatives that are taking place around the globe.
- Inclusive. Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM strive to include all companies over a certain size that are principally engaged in the field of alternative energy.
- Pure Play. Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM include only those companies that are principally engaged in the field of alternative energy and exclude those companies in which alternative energy is peripheral to their main business. Pure play companies create a more accurate benchmark for the industry.
- Rules Based. Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM depends on a clearly defined rules-based methodology, which is overseen by an impartial Index Committee. Little discretion is exercised in compiling the Indexes and a pre-defined screening protocol assures a consistent, transparent and arms-length compilation process.
- Data Rich. Ardour Global Alternative Energy IndexesSM are supported by extensive data, including the wide dissemination of real time prices, extensive historic data and important information about constituent stocks.
Index values will be disseminated via the Chicago Board of Trade using the following tickers: